The health care training programs at Concorde Career College in Memphis and Southaven are for high school graduates (or holders of an equivalent qualification, such as the GED) who will be at least 18 years old at the beginning of the extern/clinical portion of their program.
You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. You must also be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a Social Security number to apply.
Applicants to all our programs must:
- Complete our online application
- Pay our application fee, if required
- Provide proof of high school graduation/ GED completion
- Participate in a virtual interview (in-person interviews can be arranged on request, subject to local health regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Complete any required entrance assessments, including:
- Wonderlic SLE (required for all programs)
- Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) A2 exam (required for all associate degree-level programs)
Students may also be asked to produce documentation proving their citizenship or residency status upon application.
Finally, the following programs require a criminal background check:
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Massage Therapy
- Neurodiagnostic Technology
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Technology
Please note: externship/clinical sites, employers and state/national licensing agencies may also have background check requirements.