The health care training programs at Concorde Career College in Dallas and Concorde in Grand Prairie are for high school graduates (or holders of an equivalent qualification, such as the GED) who will be at least 18 years at the beginning of the extern/clinical portion of their program.
You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. You must also be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a Social Security number to apply.
Applicants to all our programs must:
- Complete our online application
- Pay our application fee
- Provide proof of high school graduation/ GED completion
- Participate in a virtual interview (in-person interviews may be arranged on request, subject to local health regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Complete any required entrance examinations, including:
- Wonderlic SLE (required for all programs)
- Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) A2 exam (required for nursing, surgical technology, respiratory therapy, physical therapist assistant, cardiovascular sonography, diagnostic medical sonography, neurodiagnostic technology and dental hygiene applicants)
For some programs, such as vocational nursing, we may also require a physical exam and proof of immunization. Some students may also be asked to produce documentation proving their citizenship or residency status upon application.
Finally, the following programs require a criminal background check:
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Neurodiagnostic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Polysomnographic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Technology
- Vocational Nursing
Please note: Externship/clinical sites, employers and state/national licensing agencies may also have background check requirements.