Concorde Career College in San Diego offers health care career training for high school graduates (or holders of an equivalent qualification, such as the GED)who will be at least 18 years of age at the beginning of the extern/clinical portion of their program. You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
You must also be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a Social Security number to apply.
Applicants to all our programs must:
- Complete our online application
- Pay the application fee, if required
- Provide proof of high school graduation
- GED completion
- Participate in a virtual interview (on-campus interviews may be arranged upon request, subject to local health regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Complete any required entrance assessments, including:
- Wonderlic SLE (required for all programs)
- Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) A2 exam(required for Dental Hygiene, Vocational Nursing, Surgical Technology and Physical Therapist Assistant programs)
For some programs, such as Vocational Nursing, we may also require a physical exam and proof of immunization. Students may also be asked to produce documentation proving their citizenship or residency status upon application.
Finally, the following programs require a criminal background check for admission:
- Vocational Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Dental Hygiene