Learn foundational skills to care for patients from birth to the elder years.
Program includes NCLEX-PN review to help you prepare for the licensure exam.†
Daytime 12-month program or evening/weekend 20-month program available.*
Train to become an important member of the health care team—and to qualify to pursue roles in a variety of health care settings. Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) provide basic care to patients under the supervision of registered nurses (RNs) and physicians.
As an LVN, you could do everything from helping feed new babies, changing bandages in acute care, keeping chemotherapy patients comfortable during treatment, and helping older patients dress. You’ll also update patient charts and communicate important information to the rest of the health care team.
Daytime or Evening/Weekend Program Format
You can pursue your vocational nursing diploma in a full-time daytime format or part-time on evenings and weekends.
Daytime students can complete their diploma in as few as 12 months.* Evening/weekend students can complete theirs in as few as 20 months.* The curriculum and clinical experiencesᶛᶛ will be the same.
2023 Nursing Demand Scholarship
Southern California is facing a nursing staffing shortage. Concorde in Garden Grove is offering a new scholarship opportunity in 2023 to help address the region’s nursing crisis. Concorde seeks to recruit caring students who want to pursue a career as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN).
The Nursing Demand Scholarship offers qualified students who are accepted into our full-time program by September 30, 2023 the opportunity to receive a scholarship equivalent to 15% of the published cost of tuition at the time you enroll.
Conditions for eligibility:
Applicants for the Nursing Demand Scholarship opportunity must:
- Be accepted as a vocational nursing student into the full-time program^ and scheduled to begin classes at our Garden Grove or North Hollywood, CA campus anytime from now through September 30, 2023.
- Earn an 82 or better combined score on the HESI entrance assessment (this can be on any attempt tied to the current enrollment).
- Complete the Nursing Demand Scholarship Application Form.
- Enroll more than 14 days prior to beginning classes.
- Complete the campus “Greenlight” program prior to taking the NCLEX licensure exam.
^This scholarship is currently not available for the part-time program.
Scholarship award and distribution:
- Qualified full-time vocational nursing students who meet the eligibility requirements will receive a scholarship in the amount of 15 per cent of the published tuition charge at the time of enrollment.
- The scholarship award will be incorporated into student aid package.
- The scholarship amount is non-transferrable and non-redeemable. It is applied toward the cost of tuition so long as the student completes and graduates from the program.
- Scholarship funds are only used to cover direct costs and may not create a credit balance on the student’s account.
- Withdrawal from the program whether voluntary or involuntary disqualifies scholarship eligibility.
Vocational Nursing Curriculum
Concorde Garden Grove’s vocational nursing diploma program teaches the knowledge and skills you need to prepare to serve patients with a wide range of conditions and needs. You’ll learn practical skills for taking vital signs, inserting catheters and more in the classroom. Then, you’ll apply those skills during clinical experienceᶛᶛ in a variety of real-world settings.
- Foundations of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing Care
- NCLEX Review
†Professional certification is not a requirement for graduation, may not be a requirement for employment nor does it guarantee employment. Registration and certification requirements for taking and passing these examinations are not controlled by Concorde, but by outside agencies, and are subject to change by the agency without notice. Therefore, Concorde cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take these exams, at all or at any specific time, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.
*Program length may be subject to change dependent on transfer credits and course load. Please refer to current course catalog for more information. Concorde does not guarantee admittance, graduation, subsequent employment or salary amount.
ᶛᶛClinical hour requirements and delivery may vary by campus location and may be subject to change. Concorde does not guarantee clinical site assignments based upon student preference or geographic convenience; nor do clinical experiences guarantee graduation, post-clinical employment or salary outcomes.
The Vocational Nurse program is approved by the California State Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, 2535 Capitol Oaks Dr., Suite 205, Sacramento, CA 95833; 916-263-7800.